The JF&CS Kids’ Connection Corner (KCC) respite program provides a fun, recreational, family support program for youth with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and their families.
The program provides opportunities for socialization, life skills development, and creative activities for youth while giving family members much-needed time to themselves.
Essential Job Functions:
- Facilitate meaningful conversations with families and caregivers
- Work creatively as part of a team with staff and volunteers
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Support fun, recreation, and therapeutic activities
- Encourage socialization
- Act as supporting role to Connector Staff during sessions, and during parent/caregiver events
- Provide emotional and social support to participants
- Provide consistent care according to suggestions and recommendations given by the participant’s parents or caregivers with reference to his/her health and emotional well-being
- Respect and appreciate the cultural background, and identity of participants
Maintain and promote the cooperative, harmonious, teamwork environment JF&CS strives to foster. For more information and to apply, feel free to go to http://www.jfcsboston.org/ then click on the Volunteer tab, and complete the General Application Form noting that you are interested in this opportunity. We can't wait to hear from you!
- Child Development
- Music Arts
- Family Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- KCC is a weekly, half-year program
- High School diploma