Volunteer with the Stewardship Team to plant trees in the forest at Van Cortlandt Park! Trees provide so many benefits to New Yorkers such as improved air and water quality, reduced pollution, and lower energy costs. Volunteers will be trained in proper planting techniques. Come dressed in sturdy boots or shoes, long pants, and clothing that can get dirty. Space is limited and registration is required for this event.
To sign up, please click the link below:
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- up to 4 hours preferred
- Ability to lift at least 15 lbs
- Cunningham Park Tree Planting
- Conference House Park Tree...
- Pelham Bay Park Tree Planting
- Van Cortlandt Park Tree Planting
- Conference House Park Deer Guard...
- Riverdale Park Trail Maintenance
- Brookville Park Tree Planting
- Green Neighborhood: Inwood
- Green Neighborhood: Canarsie
- Green Neighborhood: Soundview
- Green Neighborhood: Richmond Hill
- Green Neighborhood: North Shore