Family Services’ Project HEARTH (Helping Elderly Adults Remain in Their Homes) is in need of dedicated volunteers to work with seniors living in the greater Norristown, greater Pottstown, and North Penn areas. Created in 1994, Family Services’ Project HEARTH links elderly adults who are healthy enough to live in their own homes with special support services that help them to remain independent.
Volunteers must enjoy working with seniors and will offer compassion and companionship. Volunteer drivers must have a valid driver’s license and insurance.
Administrative Office Work
A Volunteer can assist with phone calls, paperwork, and basic office support. The work includes sending birthday cards to clients, creating new client and volunteer files, updating client and volunteer files, conducting satisfaction surveys, and other program-related support. Volunteers would assist in either the Pottstown, Eagleville, or the North Penn office. The hours are somewhat flexible, but the preference would be to have a regular schedule such as once a week.
- Elder care
- Administrative Support
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Friendly Visitor - Project HEARTH
- Handyman for Senior Citizens -...
- Yard Work for Senior Citizens -...
- Administrative Office Assistance...
- Cleaning/Laundry Assistance for...
- Correspondence Assistance -...
- Help seniors remain independent...
- Friendly Phone Calls (Project...
- Errand Volunteer - Project HEARTH
- Driver Escort - Project HEARTH
- Telephone Reassurance - Project...