Family Services’ Project HEARTH (Helping Elderly Adults Remain in Their Homes) is in need of dedicated volunteers to work with seniors living in the greater Norristown, greater Pottstown, and North Penn areas. Created in 1994, Family Services’ Project HEARTH links elderly adults who are healthy enough to live in their own homes with special support services that help them to remain independent.
Volunteers must enjoy working with seniors and will offer compassion and companionship. Volunteer drivers must have a valid driver’s license and insurance.
A Volunteer can provide some socialization for frail seniors while assisting in beautifying and cleaning up their homes from the inside and outside. Projects can include weeding, trimming bushes/trees, raking leaves, and mowing the lawn. Volunteers can choose the projects they feel most comfortable with and can complete the work based on their schedule and availability.
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Home Repair
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Project HEARTH - Friendly Visitor
- Project HEARTH - Handyman
- Project HEARTH - Yard Work
- Project HEARTH - Administrative...
- Project HEARTH - Cleaning/Laundry
- Project HEARTH - Correspondence
- Help seniors remain independent...
- Telephone Reassurance (Project...
- Project HEARTH - Errand Volunteer
- Project HEARTH - Driver Escort
- Project HEARTH - Telephone...