About Nonprofit Sector Foundation (NSF)...
Created in 2008, we are a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit corporation set up to help community members and charities in need.
Our mission is to be the catalyst for a renewed, sustained and unified nonprofit sector by providing health & wellness, community and economic development resources and services for those in need.
Oftentimes, nonprofits don't have enough resources, and community members lose out on access to desperately needed services. Our goal is to increase access to vital community services that are normally unavailable. We aim to help nonprofits increase their capacity to serve their community's increased needs.
We are currently recruiting for a computer/internet savvy Social Media / Marketing Volunteer to work virtually. Successful candidates will have integrity, excellent service skills and must be outcome-oriented.
Candidates must possess a strong ability to work independently and authentically from a remote location conducive to quality production, empowering efficiency and professionalism. Strong attention to detail is essential to the position.
This is a volunteer position. We are looking for candidates to commit to 5-10 hours per week. Candidates will be required to:
- Fill out and return the volunteer application
- Participate in an orientation conference call
- Read and sign the volunteer handbook
- Attend monthly scheduled meetings by phone
- Participate in weekly email check-ins
- Have access to a computer during volunteer hours as your assignments will be issued virtually
Job DescriptionAccurately update social media and website pages per direction to:
- Manage & increase groups participation
- Create and manage daily, approved posts
- Maintain pages with up-to-date information/pictures/videos
- Increase organization likes / following
- Obtain client testimonials and post
- Periodically manage community polls and feedback
- Ensure our nonprofit client's posts are shared to our page
- Market Events online and help increase awareness
- Experience in social media marketing and/or digital media
- Excellent communication skills such as, writing, editing (photo/video/text), and presentations
- Social networking experience
- Social analytics tools knowledge
- Adequate knowledge of web design, web development, CRO and SEO
- Knowledge of online marketing and major marketing channels
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational skills
- Fluent in English
- Have or pursuing a degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, New Media or Public Relations, or any relevant, similar field
- Responds to management in a timely manner
- Data Entry
- Social Media / Blogging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Customer Service
- Market Research / Analysis
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5 - 10 hours per week