About Nonprofit Sector Foundation...
We are a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization purposed to build stronger communities by working with with local charities to create and fill job opportunities.
Our mission is to promote economic development through nonprofit capacity building, and provide access to community resources and wellness services for those in need.
We are currently recruiting for a computer/internet savvy Administrative Assistant to work virtually for our Foundation. Successful candidates will have excellent customer service and must be outcome-oriented.
Candidates must possess a strong ability to work independently and authentically from a remote location conducive to quality production, empowering efficiency and professionalism. Strong attention to detail is essential to the position as well.
This is a volunteer position. We are looking for candidates to commit to 5-10 hours per week. Candidates will be required to:
- Fill out and return the volunteer application
- Participate in an orientation conference call
- Read and sign the volunteer handbook
- Attend weekly scheduled meetings by phone
- Have access to a computer during volunteer hours as your assignments and collaboration will be issued via corporate, cloud-based platform.
Candidate will be fully engaged and busy from the first day and we guarantee there will never be a dull moment.
- Administrative / Clerical / Secretarial tasks
- Coordination of correspondence to include reports, memos, and emails
- Document Management to include Digital filing and maintenance tasks
- Calendar Scheduling, data entry and database management
- Project management abilities
Customer Service - over the phone and in person, with our customers and internal departments
- ability to communicate both written and orally
- Upward communication to management with tact and professionalism
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Must have access to computer, telephone, and internet during volunteer hours
Characteristics of Success
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Competencies & Key Attributes
- Professional Administrative Procedures and Task Management
- Excellent Customer Service and Relationship Management
- Professional Problem Solving and Decision Making Abilities
- Executive Admin
- Professional Development
- Community Outreach
- Market Research
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5 hours per week