Planned Parenthood seeks an intern who will be responsible for working with the North Dakota Grassroots Organizer in extending outreach to the North Dakota State University campus community. The intern will educate the campus community (particularly students but also faculty/staff) about Planned Parenthood MN, ND, SD (PPMNS) and reproductive health at campus events, fairs, student organizations, in small-group settings and through marketing activities such as distributing flyers and pamphlets on campus and through the use of social media.
Under immediate supervision of the North Dakota Manager of Advocacy and Development, the Campus Outreach Coordinator intern will carry out several tasks related to recruiting volunteers, educating the public about Planned Parenthood, and implementing outreach activities for college students.
* Network and work with existing and emerging women’s groups on campus.
* Research and document events on campus which PPMNS maybe able to table at or participate in.
* Recruit and maintain a volunteer base to work with/at events.
* Secure and staff ongoing tabling opportunities in the Student Union or other high traffic areas.
* Research deadlines, printing dates, distribution size, etc. for the student paper.
* You and/or a volunteer from your campus group will write and submit one letter to the editor of the student paper.
* Participate in Planned Parenthood Federation of America Day of Action each semester.
* Create and organize one campus event highlighting women’s health and/or reproductive issues. (Get creative!)
* Check in with Amy Jacobson regularly
* Health issues facing college students and faculty
* Sexual health programs and nonprofit operations
* Basic knowledge of sexual and reproductive health issues
* Offer of position subject to successful completion of a background check
* Supports Planned Parenthood’s Mission
Commitment: Requires a semester long commitment.
Compensation: Student will receive a monthly stipend of $100
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- semester long commitment