With the support of groups like yours, Open Arms brings comfort, nutrition, and support to our fellow community members who are living with HIV/AIDS, cancer and other life threatening illnesses. We do this through delivering homemade food to approximately 800 clients every week across the Twin Cities free of charge, using healthy ingredients.
Volunteer to deliver meals to our clients and help Open Arms bring nourishment to those who need it most. We provide turn by turn directions, maps, and everything you need for a fun and smooth ride!
Set up a one-time opportunity
- Select a date that works for your group at least two weeks in advance Mon.-Sat.
- A shift is 1.5-2.5 hours in length which includes a 30 minute orientation and tour at Open Arms complete with homemade treats!
- Shifts fall between 10am-2pm (Mon-Fri) or 9am-11:30am (Sat)
- Groups can deliver as individuals or in pairs
- Team-building can be built in to beginning or end of shift
- Groups can include kids
In return for your service, Open Arms will provide you with the opportunity to be part of a warm and giving community, with engaging and flexible volunteer opportunities, and the chance to give back in a meaningful way.
Setting up a group at Open Arms is easy - contact Maria for more information at 612-872-1152 or maria @openarmsmn.org
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- no minimum commitment
- must have transportation to deliver meals