Function of Organization: Planned Parenthood Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota is a trusted provider of affordable reproductive health care services, education and advocacy for women, men, teens and families. We are a non-profit community-based organization whose volunteers help fulfill our mission to affirm human rights to reproductive health and freedom.
General Description: Under supervision of the ND Grassroots Organizer, the Campus Outreach Coordinator intern will carry out several tasks related to recruiting volunteers, educating the public about Planned Parenthood, and implementing outreach activities for college students.
* Health issues facing college students, specifically women and queer individuals
* Knowledge of sexual health programs and nonprofit operations
* Network and work with existing and emerging feminist/women’s groups on campus
* Research events on campus which we may be able to table at or participate in
* Recruit and maintain a volunteer base to work at and/or plan events
* Secure and staff ongoing tabling opportunities in the Student Union & other high traffic areas
* Write and submit one letter to the editor of the student paper
* Participate in Planned Parenthood Federation of America Day of Action each semester
* Organize one campus event highlighting women’s health and/or reproductive issues
* Check in with supervisor regularly via conference calls, emails, texts, etc.
* Basic knowledge of sexual and reproductive health issues
* Successful completion of a background check
* Supports Planned Parenthood’s Mission
* Minimum of 20 hours per month for one semester
* Must be available some daytime, evening, and weekend hours
* Student will receive a small monthly stipend
Location: North Dakota
Contact: Briana Rabenberg | Grassroots Organizer | email@example.com | 701-526-0726
Complete the online application here.
Contact the Volunteer Program with any questions regarding your application:
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 20 hrs/month, semester long commitment
- Basic knowledge of reproductive and sexual health issues, Supports PP's mission