Chief Tarhe District, Simon Kenton Council Boy Scouts of America
TITLE: District Civic Service Chair FUNCTION: Program
POSITION REPORTS TO: District Program Chair
TERM OF SERVICE: 1 Year START DATE: Nov 1, 2016 END DATE: October 31, 2017
Responsible for ensuring civic service activities are incorporated into annual unit programs. Promote the use of online service project reporting to accurately track service activities
- Oversee civic service activities in the District
- Contact units to insure participation.
- Serve as point of contact between units and civic organizations needing additional manpower.
- Attend meetings as scheduled.
- Promote civic activities to the community.
- Promote use of online service hour tracking.
- Contribute at the leadership level to the annual Friends of Scouting Campaign.
- Work with Co-Ed Youth to organize/plan Community Earth Day
- Have an interest in serving the youth of the community.
- Have a passion for promoting civic service.
- Have experience with Email, phone calls and Facebook
- Have a drive to reach out within the community for involvement and publicity.
- Event Planning / Management
- Public Relations
- Group Facilitation
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- 1-3 hrs/wk from home, 1-2 evening mtgs a month
- Must be able to work with a large committee as well as work through the youth to accomplish goals