Power Hour is comprehensive homework assistance and tutoring program designed to raise the academic proficiency of Club members.
The philosophy underlying Power Hour is that the benefits of homework are threefold: academic, behavioral and social.
By working on homework after school, members reinforce skills and concepts learned that day which impacts long-term improvements in members’ grades and test scores. Not only that you would help our members develop great habits, communication skills and also feel the support they often lack.
All members participate in Power Hour daily and we need your help to smash it!
Volunteers should be available one hour Monday-Thursday 2:30-5:30
Volunteers choose the day of the week and time.
*Felxible schedule & high need
- Child Development
- Literacy / Reading
- Reading / Writing
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- one quarter, 10 weeks
- good attitude and compassion
- Got a green thumb? Teach...
- Receptionist/ Customer Service...
- Edenvale Clubhouse- Power Hour...
- Play Ball! Assist in Sports &...
- ♥Arts & Cultural Enrichment...
- Education & Career Development...
- Bilingual Power Hour...
- Alviso Clubhouse - Power Hour...
- Stipe Elementary School...
- Yoga Instructor for Kids
- Volunteer as a one-to-one tutor...
- AmeriCorp Google VISTA
- Dance Coach @ the Stipe Clubhouse