Power Hour is comprehensive homework assistance and tutoring program designed to raise the academic proficiency of Club members.
The philosophy underlying Power Hour is that the benefits of homework are threefold: academic, behavioral and social.
By working on homework after school, members reinforce skills and concepts learned that day which impacts long-term improvements in members’ grades and test scores. Not only that you would help our members develop great habits, communication skills and also feel the support they often lack.
All members participate in Power Hour daily and we need your help to smash it!
Volunteers should be available one hour Monday-Thursday 2:30-5:30
Volunteers choose the day of the week and time.
*Felxible schedule & high need
- Child Development
- Literacy / Reading
- Reading / Writing
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- one quarter, 10 weeks
- good attitude and compassion
- Power Hour Homework Smasher!! -...
- Google Code Corps Guru
- Lego Mindstorm Mentor
- Have a passion for ART or MUSIC?...
- Edenvale Clubhouse- Power Hour...
- Specialized Activity Leader or...
- Volunteer as a one-to-one tutor...
- ♥Arts & Cultural Enrichment...
- Play Ball! Assist in Sports &...
- Bilingual Power Hour...
- Dance Coach @ the Stipe Clubhouse