Participate in student project honoring the centennial of the adoption of the naval aviator wings of gold insignia. Students will interview and photograph aviators (active duty and retired) and create a display profiling each aviator. Participants are invited to attend a public exhibition aboard the USS Midway scheduled for December 7 at 6:00pm.
Interviews will require a 1-2 hour commitment, with potential for followup phone all or email. Please bring a memorable picture with you from your time in the service or your plane.
For further information, contact Kelly Jacob, Humanities teacher at HTNC at 760-759-2750 or Kjacob@hightechhigh.org
Sign up at: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0a4caaa728a2f58-call
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 1-2 hours for interview
- Meaningful Work as a Citizenship...
- Share Your Navy Experience
- Ship Restoration on the Midway
- Seeking World War II Veterans
- Fun Group Project Aboard the USS...
- WEEKEND Docents (Tourguides)...
- Safety Volunteers Wanted!
- Overnight Education Program...
- Naval Aviators Wanted for...
- Citizenship Tutor
- American Sign Language Interpretor