Our Task is a community of global citizens who are concerned about the future of the planet. We are an independent, non-profit that is run 100% by volunteers from all over the world. Our mission is to transform young adults into global thinkers and empower them to lead the next generation in building a sustainable future.
The Event Coordinator will work alongside the Our Task team to assist in fundraising efforts. This work is needed for general funding, but also for key initiatives, such as the Global 2100 Project and the Earth 2100 Conference.
In order to address the breadth of sustainability issues the world faces but also allow enough time to dig deep into how we can make a difference, Our Task will spend 6-month 'intervals' focusing on one area of concern at a time. We are building our team and laying the foundation for this new strategy through the remainder of 2016, including hosting at least one event. The first interval will begin in 2017 and will focus on Food Security. Our hope is to hold at least one, if not two events for each interval.
Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Designs events that align with the organization's mission, support the organization's goals and relate to the interval focus
- Arranges use of facilities and coordinates set-up of the event with the Our Task team; organizing the set up, clean up and dismantling of equipment and decorations after the events
- Coordinate the educational component of each event: speaker, performer, film, materials, etc.
- Work with the Our Task communications team to coordinate promotion and outreach regarding the event
- Be present throughout the events to ensure events are running smoothly, addressing any issues as they arise
- Present budget for each event to the Director of Our Task for approval, track expenses and money raised at each event
- Implement best practices for raising attendance and donation growth
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to completion of projects on a timely basis
- Calm demeanor and works well under pressure
- Ability to be a self-starter to take initiative and work independently
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the the Our Task volunteers to inspire and motivate people to attend/ work events
- Resourceful, dependable, efficient and detailed oriented
- High level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs
- Prior experience with event planning particularly focused on fundraising is a plus
- Must be local to the Washington, D.C. area
- Ideally, we would like someone who could commit to this position for 12-months or longer (at least two intervals) and could spend at least 3 - 4 hours per week preparing/organizing/coordinating the event
- Event Management
- Donor Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- At least 3 - 4 hours per week
- Must be local to Washington, D.C.