Our Task is a community of global citizens who are concerned about the future of the planet. We are an independent, non-profit that is run 100% by volunteers from all over the world. Our mission is to transform young adults into global thinkers and empower them to lead the next generation in building a sustainable future.
The Event Coordinator will work alongside the Our Task team to assist in fundraising efforts. This work is needed for general funding, but also for key initiatives, such as the Global 2100 Project and the Earth 2100 Conference.
In order to address the breadth of sustainability issues the world faces but also allow enough time to dig deep into how we can make a difference, Our Task will spend 6-month 'intervals' focusing on one area of concern at a time. The first interval will begin in 2017 and will focus on Soil, and the second half of 2017 we will focus on Food Security. Our hope is to hold at least one event per month related to the interval focus.
Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Designs events that align with the organization's mission, support the organization's goals and relate to the interval focus
- Arranges use of facilities and coordinates set-up of the event with the Our Task team; organizing the setup, clean up and dismantling of equipment and decorations after the events
- Coordinate the educational component of each event: speaker, performer, film, materials, etc.
- Work with the Our Task communications team to coordinate promotion and outreach regarding the event
- Be present throughout the events to ensure events are running smoothly, addressing any issues as they arise
- Present budget for each event to the Director of Our Task for approval, track expenses and money raised at each event
- Implement best practices for raising attendance and donation growth
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Calm demeanor and works well under pressure
- Ability to be a self-starter to take initiative and work independently
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the Our Task volunteers to inspire and motivate people to attend/ work events
- Resourceful, dependable, efficient and detailed oriented
- Prior experience with event planning particularly focused on fundraising is a plus
- Must be local to the Washington, D.C. area
- Can commit to this position for 6-months or longer (at least one 6-month intervals)
- Can spend at least 2 hours per week preparing/organizing/coordinating the event
- Comfortable and willing to use an Our Task email address (one specifically set-up for each volunteer) to communicate with the rest of the organization and all related Our Task matters
- Event Management
- Donor Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- At least 2 hours per week
- Must be based in the Washington, D.C. area