PHOENIX - A NEW BEGINNING is a national, humanitarian organization whose mission is to significantly reduce the Veteran and civilian homeless population in the Hampton Roads area by providing the necessary resources to the less fortunate so they may build productive and sustainable lives. We do this by being dedicated to assisting homeless and in-need Veterans and community members in the transition from the street to a sustainable life by establishing a self-sustaining community with housing, agriculture, livestock, and with community being a priority. A transitioning home is also one of the goals of this organization, which will allow for homeless and underprivileged to receive substance abuse counseling and assistance with other needed aspects in order to live an independent life. Further, our current
PHOENIX - A NEW BEGINNING is seeking an experienced fundraising professional to serve as the Chair of our Fundraising Committee on the Board of Directors. The role of the Fundraising Chair is to:
Work with the Executive Director to execute annual fundraising plan according to board goals and benchmarks, including targets for foundation grants, corporate and individual giving, special events, direct mail, online giving, etc.
- Identify leads for raising core support for the organization's growth
- Support donor outreach efforts by making introductions to new donors, hosting fundraising events, etc.
- Be responsible for involvement of all board members in fundraising, such as having board members make telephone calls to ask for support, etc.
- Monitor fundraising efforts to be sure that ethical practices are in place, that donors are acknowledged appropriately, and that fundraising efforts are cost-effective.
- Recruit additional board members to serve on the Fundraising Committee
- Report results of fundraising to the board on an annual basis
- The Fundraising Committee Chair will work closely with the Executive Director and other board members to raise the funds necessary for the core functioning of the organization, and to expand PHOENIX - A NEW BEGINNING’s work in our core program areas.
- Can make the required time commitment
- Experience serving on nonprofit boards
- Knowledge of humanitarian/Veteran programs
- Willingness and ability to solicit funds on the organization’s behalf
- Fundraising ability up to $500k annually
- Strategic thinker with the ability to develop plans and support implementation
- Good team leader and team member with excellent reputation
- Veteran Status preferred
The estimated time commitment for the Fundraising Chair is 5-10 hours a month. The board will have four quarterly meetings a year in Gloucester, VA and conduct conference calls when necessary.
Position Type:Board (Unpaid)
Primary domain: Hampton Roads, VA
Postal code: 23061
Country: United States
$0 - $1M
- Resource Development / Management
- Donor Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Business Development
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check