Development Intern - Oakland, CA
East Bay College Fund:
East Bay College Fund helps resilient public school students, under-represented in higher education, access and succeed in college, expanding their life opportunities. East Bay College Fund aspires to involve the whole community in providing college access services, scholarships, mentoring, and support networks to assist these young people in realizing their full potential. East Bay College fund is the lead agency for college completion for Oakland Promise, a city wide initiative the aims to triple the number of college graduates from Oakland public high schools over the next decade. For more information about our work and impact, visit us at www.eastbaycollegefund.org
The Development Internship is ideal for those who wish to pursue careers in fundraising, event planning, or communications - especially in the nonprofit sector. The intern will be responsible for assisting the East Bay College Fund Development & Communications team with various aspects of development and communications, which will allow the organization to reach its revenue goals and serve more Oakland youth.
Some Responsibilities May Include:
- Support the Development team in planning and implementing the organization’s annual fundraising campaign (which runs from October through December).
- Support the Development team in donor stewardship strategies such as writing thank you notes and making thank you calls to donors.
- Design and create flyers and other collateral for the organization’s fundraising needs.
- Assist with the communications strategies by creating content for social media channels.
- Assist in planning Development and other East Bay College Fund events.
Hours & Schedule: We are flexible - we hope the intern can work from our downtown Oakland office around 10-20 hours per week. Also flexible about start/end date and open to coordination, but would like to have someone in place as soon as possible.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Students enrolled in college are encouraged to apply.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and emphasis on accuracy.
- Flexibility and ability to work well with a team.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically Word and Excel.
This internship is ideal for a college student who can receive class credit for the internship. It is an unpaid internship will be an excellent introduction or addition to your resume. This experience will open the doors to development, communications, and event planning as well as provide an opportunity to gain hands-on graphic design experience. Any student planning for a career in communications, development, or graphic design in the nonprofit or for-profit sector will find this experience valuable. As part of this internship, we will also help you polish and revise your resume and cover letter, as well as provide you with professional development opportunities. If you are currently in school and require credits for internships, we will gladly work with you and your school to ensure you receive appropriate credits.
Send: (1) a cover letter with a detailed explanation of your qualifications for the internship, and (2) your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include "Development Intern" in your email subject header.
EAST BAY COLLEGE FUND VALUES DIVERSITY.
EAST BAY COLLEGE FUND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
ALL INTERESTED INDIVIDUALS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Graphic Design / Print
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 10-20 hours a week