"Happiness... Consists in giving, and in serving others." - Henry Drummond
Our Thursday Night Suppers are an incredible way to interact with our clientele - and what better way to engage than over a meal? We're looking for GROUPS of 8 or more to sponsor and/or serve individuals that are experiencing homelessness and hunger at our St. James Parish Location. Sponsoring entails collecting funds to purchase food or cooking a meal for our 80-100 supper guests, and serving the meal to our guests.
DETAILS FOR SPONSORS:
1) The Evening Suppers take place on the 1st and 2nd Thursday of each month, at St. James Parish, 134 North Avenue, Highwood, IL.
2) The group of volunteers who are sponsoring the supper should arrive at the church at 6:00pm. Guests are then seated at 6:30pm.
3) The food should be enough to generously feed 80-100 people, and should include a salad, entree and dessert.
Is your group interested in becoming a sponsor? Express Interest above and we will reach out to you to schedule a date.
- Cooking / Catering
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Prep plus one Thursday a month
- Host A Diaper Drive
- Evening Suppers in Round Lake
- Talented Volunteers Needed
- Help Serve Lunch to Seniors in...
- Help with Children Needed!
- Deliver Meals to Seniors in Lake...
- Evening Suppers in Highwood
- Help Serve Lunch at the...
- How 'Bout that Place Mat!
- Meals on Wheels - Round Lake/Fox...
- Make a difference. Be a mentor!
- Meals on Wheels - Grayslake