"Happiness... Consists in giving, and in serving others." - Henry Drummond
Our Thursday Night Suppers are an incredible way to interact with our clientele - and what better way to engage than over a meal? We're looking for GROUPS of 8 or more to sponsor and/or serve individuals that are experiencing homelessness and hunger at our St. James Parish Location. Sponsoring entails collecting funds to purchase food or cooking a meal for our 60-80 supper guests, and serving the meal to our guests.
DETAILS FOR SPONSORS:
1) The Evening Suppers take place on the 1st and 2nd Thursday of each month, at St. James Parish, 134 North Avenue, Highwood, IL.
2) The group of volunteers who are sponsoring the supper should arrive at the church at 6:00pm. Guests are then seated at 6:30pm.
3) The food should be enough to generously feed 80-100 people, and should include a salad, entree and dessert.
Is your group interested in becoming a sponsor? Express Interest above and we will reach out to you to schedule a date. Available dates in 2018 include -
- Cooking / Catering
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 13
- Just one evening!
- Evening Suppers in Round Lake
- Talented Volunteers Needed
- Client Greeter and Child Helper
- Help Serve Lunch to Seniors in...
- Deliver Meals to Seniors in Lake...
- Evening Suppers in Highwood
- Help Serve Lunch at the...
- Emergency Assistance Phone Support
- Congregate Lunch Coordinator
- Make a difference. Be a Youth...