Relay For Life of Menlo Park needs a MARKETING & COMMUNITY OUTREACH LEADER
7 people are interested
Are you Determined to find a cure for cancer? Or Passionate about getting to know your community better? Maybe you are Caring like all of our volunteers!
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then Relay For Life of Menlo Park event is looking for you
This opportunity is a for someone who is hands on, who wants more than a 1-day gig passing out water to runners and wants to find that cure for cancer. Relay For Life is planned, manned and produced by an Event Leadership Team of volunteers from Menlo Park. We invest in our volunteers through group training and 1-on-1 coaching from an American Cancer Society staff member. As the single largest fundraising event in the world, you get to be part of something pretty spectacular; it is truly a global movement. No experience necessary, however, a go-getter attitude is essential!
Leadership Position Open: MARKETING & COMMUNITY OUTREACH LEADER
The marketing leader creates, develops, & implements marketing & publicity to raise awareness of the Relay For Life event.
Individuals in this role will be able to coordinate, prepare, & implement a publicity & marketing strategy. Additionally, they will be familiar with or willing to learn how to utilize the resources & tools available to promote & market the event.
SPECIFIC TASKS INCLUDE:
- Assist online & social communications lead in cultivating relationships with contacts in media outlets & other promotional organizations
- Plan & implement strategies for event promotion, marketing materials, & resources
- Assist online & social communications lead in messaging for online promotion, including email, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Provide opportunities for Event Leadership Team, Team Captains, participants, & volunteers to share stories.
- Develop relationships & serve as the primary contact with media outlets & other organizations with a board reach including newspapers, radio, television outlets, etc.
- Leverage relationships with business contacts & other supporters to promote the Relay For Life event & Event Leadership Team efforts.
- Works with the Experience Lead on the Event Leadership Team as well as the American Cancer Society Community Manager to ensure that all marketing materials are available for the Event Leadership Team & teams in a timely manner.
- Meets monthly or bi-monthly with Experience Lead to discuss goals & progress
So...at this point you may be wondering...WHAT IS RELAY FOR LIFE?
At Relay For Life events, communities across the globe come together to honor cancer survivors, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against a disease that has already taken too much. This community event is held on a local high school track or park and consists of inspiring ceremonies, activities and fun, and teams of friends, families, and co-workers coming together to finish the fight against cancer! The funds raised truly make a difference in the fight against cancer - just ask one of the nearly 14 million cancer survivors who will celebrate another birthday this year!
Each Relay For Life event is special to its community, but the movement's true power lies in the combined commitment of thousands of participants, volunteers, and supporters to help the American Cancer Society save lives from cancer.
Commitment requires regular check ins with your team lead and/or ACS staff member (in person, over the phone or via email) during Relay Season (January-August depending on event) and 2-3 hours a week of additional volunteer efforts. Schedule of work is up to you. For more information on Relay For Life and/or the American Cancer Society, please visit www.relayforlife.org/menloparkca or contact Alicia Ruiz at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sound like something you'd be great at?? Perhaps you'd only like a bite-size piece of this role?? Perhaps you & a family member or a friend interested in working on this together?? We would LOVE to chat & truly look forward to working with you to create a world without cancer!!!!
We'll work with your schedule.
Entire Community of Menlo ParkMenlo Park, CA 94025
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours per week