Cause for Celebration is seeking a Party Program Coordinator Intern to provide party planning support for our small, but rapidly growing nonprofit. The ideal candidate will be a detail oriented self-starter who enjoys event planning and wearing multiple hats. Passion for celebrating disadvantaged youth is a must.
Assignments are dependent upon changing needs as well as intern’s strengths. Hours are flexible and work can be done remotely, with occasional event attendance exceptions. Internships are unpaid but eligible for course credit, to the extent accepted by your College or University.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting Program Director in the creation of party profiles for participants
- Reviewing participant applications
- Gathering information from partner shelters
- Securing party venues and following up on leads
- Responding to inquiries from applicants
- Coordinating with other administrative team members to complete parties
Organization: Since 2011, Cause for Celebration has been serving the Greater Los Angeles area by providing birthday celebrations to homeless and foster youth. Cause for Celebration is a volunteer lead organization with the mission to "Provide homeless and foster youth with the opportunity to build positive self-worth through the power of celebration"
Time: 8-12 Hours/week
- No prior experience necessary
- Passion for helping people
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong work ethic and ability to self-manage
- Willingness to make cold-calls and inquiries
- Good with deadlines; punctual; time-management skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training