Cause for Celebration is seeking Event Fundraising Intern to assist in the development and execution of fundraising events for our small, but rapidly growing nonprofit. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who thrives in ambiguous environments and enjoys wearing multiple hats. Passion for celebrating disadvantaged youth is a must.
Assignments are dependent upon changing needs as well as intern’s strengths. Hours are flexible and work can be done remotely, with occasional event attendance exceptions. Internships are unpaid but eligible for course credit, to the extent accepted by your College or University.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting Director of Development in securing event locations and vendors
- Acquiring in-kind donations for auctions
- Developing event sponsorship proposals
- Managing donor appreciation program
Organization: Since 2011, Cause for Celebration has been serving the Greater Los Angeles area by providing birthday celebrations to homeless and foster youth. Cause for Celebration is a volunteer lead organization with the mission to "Provide homeless and foster youth with the opportunity to build positive self-worth through the power of celebration"
Time: 8-12 Hours/week
- No prior experience necessary
- Passion for helping people
- Willingness to make cold-calls and inquiries
- A "never-give-up" attitude
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong work ethic and ability to self-manage
- Good with deadlines; punctual; time-management skills
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training