Cause for Celebration is seeking a Marketing & Community Engagement Intern to drum up awareness and support for our small, but rapidly growing nonprofit. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who thrives in ambiguous environments and enjoys wearing multiple hats. Passion for celebrating disadvantaged youth is a must.
Assignments are dependent upon changing needs as well as intern’s strengths. Hours are flexible and work can be done remotely, with occasional event attendance exceptions. Internships are unpaid but eligible for course credit, to the extent accepted by your College or University.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting Director of Development in executing and tracking of social media efforts
- Marketing events to the community
- Writing copy for marketing content
- Strengthening existing community relationships and developing new leads
- Supporting outreach tables at events (will work with your schedule)
- Providing occasional fundraiser activation support
Organization: Since 2011, Cause for Celebration has been serving the Greater Los Angeles area by providing birthday celebrations to homeless and foster youth. Cause for Celebration is a volunteer lead organization with the mission to "Provide homeless and foster youth with the opportunity to build positive self-worth through the power of celebration"
Time: 8-12 Hours/week
- No prior experience necessary
- Passion for helping people
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong work ethic and ability to self-manage
- Social Media-literate
- Good with deadlines; punctual; time-management skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training