Cause for Celebration is seeking a Volunteer Coordinator Intern to increase and mange volunteer participation for our small, but rapidly growing nonprofit. The ideal candidate will be a leader who enjoys wearing multiple hats and has the desire to grow their management skills. Passion for celebrating disadvantaged youth is a must.
Assignments are dependent upon changing needs as well as intern’s strengths. Hours are flexible and work can be done remotely, with occasional event attendance exceptions. Internships are unpaid but eligible for course credit, to the extent accepted by your College or University.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Assisting Executive Director in planning and executing volunteer recognition events
* Marketing volunteer opportunities
* Responding to volunteer inquiries
* Managing volunteer onboarding
* Supporting outreach tables at events (will work with your schedule)
* Coordinating volunteer opportunities for new and existing volunteers
Organization: Since 2011, Cause for Celebration has been serving the Greater Los Angeles area by providing birthday celebrations to homeless and foster youth. Cause for Celebration is a volunteer lead organization with the mission to "Provide homeless and foster youth with the opportunity to build positive self-worth through the power of celebration"
Time: 10-12 Hours/week
* No prior experience necessary
* Leadership/Team Management
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Strong work ethic and ability to self-manage
* Interpersonal skills
* Good with deadlines; punctual; time-management skills
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3-5 hours per week