Goal of the Position:Special Events Planner will take the role of event planner for one of Hear My Voice main annual events. This position requires excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills and the ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.. This is a volunteer position.
- Lead the event committee.
- Assist with preparing budgets.
- Negotiate vendor fees.
- Provide periodic progress reports to event committee.
- Prepare and modify event contracts as requested.
- Ensure appropriate décor (florals, linens, color schemes, etc.)
- Arrange food and beverage
- Arrange audiovisual setup, work with DJ, lighting, etc.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
- Assist with managing set-up, on-site production and clean-up for day of event.
- Prepare signage, materials, registration lists, etc.
- Organization Skills
- Good listening skills
- Event Planning Skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to use humor while showing genuine care and compassion for the caregiver
- Dependability and reliability
Benefits for Volunteer:
- Satisfaction in the support given to members of the group
- Opportunity to gain valuable job experience by networking with other professionals in the field .
- Increased awareness and understanding of trauma and loss.
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Event Management
- Problem Solving
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 25
- Time is flexible