Our mission at Eden Housing is to build and maintain high-quality, well-managed, service-enhanced affordable housing communities that meet the needs of lower income families, seniors and persons with disabilities.
Since 1995, Eden Housing has provided a wide range of supportive services and enrichment programs designed to meet the needs of our diverse resident population with a goal to increase individual self-reliance and build stronger families and communities.
In pursuing its mission and achieve its vision, Eden Housing is looking for a financial literacy facilitator to empower our residents and families with the financial tools they need through valuable resources including financial literacy workshops to open a path to financial stability.
- Experienced in delivering learning materials to group of people with no knowledge of financial literacy.
- Financial literacy workshop facilitator must have the ability to understand the financial education need of his/her audience and bring subject matter alive that relate and communicate well
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work with diverse teams and clients to foster an inclusive environment
- Ability and willingness to listen actively and respond appropriately to the clients concerns, and awareness of issues affecting their families
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent small group facilitation and presentation skills
- Assist residents/volunteer coach by answering specific question
- Assist residents/volunteer coach in having a better understanding of banking and financial literacy
- Show leadership and public speaking abilities and have a strong commitment to delivering effective workshops.
- Prepare and deliver the learning skills as related to Your Money, Your Goals training toolkit curriculum.
- Administer and review evaluations of workshops presented to determine its effectiveness.
- Submit Workshop Attendance Sheets and Evaluations to Eden Housing Site Member
- Provide residents with surveys at completion of workshop for program evaluation
- Meet or communicate on a regular basis by phone or e-mail with Eden Housing Service Member on any issues related to workshop materials, participation or need to increase community awareness and attendance in scheduled workshops.
- Connect clients with appropriate resources
- Guide and advise clients in financial goal setting and developing financial skills
Education & Experience:
- The Facilitator should have experience delivering presentations and content to mixed socio-economic members of the community.
- The workshop facilitator is able to relate well to other workshop team members, clients and members of the community.
- Past work experience in staff development and training, marketing, public speaking, or teaching is a plus.
- Retirees, including veterans, encouraged to apply
The literacy workshop facilitator volunteer will commit to facilitate at least 2 workshops in a month for a total of 6 hours.
- Financial Planning
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Financial Literacy
- Financial Service Assistance
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of teaching two workshops
- Community gardening
- Tutor young learners in our...
- Technology tutor for low-income...
- Help deliver food to low-income...
- Financial Literacy Workshop...
- Interested in helping others...
- Yoga Instructor for low-income...
- Financial Coach
- Interested in helping others...
- Beautify a space
- Share a meal!
- Tutor a young learner in our...