Celebrating our 35th Anniversary, we are proud to announce the C oCA New Wave Ball & Auction, our 24th Annual 24-hour Art Marathon and Auction. We'd love you to be a part of this massive fundraising event for one of Seattle's most colorful arts organizations. Meet new people, learn a new skill or show off your talents, fulfill a philanthropic desire, feel great about supporting living contemporary artists.
About the Art Marathon & Auction:
CoCA’s 24th Annual 24-Hour Art Marathon & Auction is a three-day celebration of contemporary art. Held at the Summit Building in Seattle (420 E Pike St), the events starts at 10am Thursday, November 10 when over 20 artists embark on a 24-hour journey where they paint, draw, collage, spray and wax their way to over 100 new works of art. For this years marathon and auction we are throwing it back to CoCA's first year, 1981. It was the New Wave era. Glam it up and pull on those wristbands, studded belts (and hot pink?)!
24-Hour Art Marathon Starts Thursday, November 10 at 10am through Friday, November 11 at 10am. Art Party Thursday, November 10, 6pm-9pm. Gala Auction Fundraiser Saturday, November 12, 5:30pm-10pm.
*In your message please indicate your top three choices and we will follow up with more information.* Wednesday, November 9, 7pm - Friday, November 11, 11am
Marathon Volunteer Positions
- Set-up crew (6-8): Wednesday, 7:30pm-Midnight (or earlier).
- Administrative Assistant (2): Various times. Should have good computer skills: excellent at Word and Excel. Experience with Photoshop, InDesign, PHP, HTML and Google Drive all a plus.
- Artist Helpers (2) Thursday, 7:30am-11:30am.
- Artist/Event Photographers (3) Various shifts available. Help needed Thursday at 10am-Friday at 10am, Saturday, 5:30pm-10pm.
- Daytime Artists’ Liaison(2) Various shifts available. Help needed Thursday, 10am-Thursday 6pm.
- Overnight Artists’ Liaison(2) Various shifts available. Help needed Thursday 9pm through Friday 10am.
- Art Party Helpers(6-8) Thursday, 5pm-10:30pm.
- Security (2-3) Thursday 5pm-10pm, Saturday 5pm-10:30pm.
All auction volunteers, with the exception of the set up and clean up crews, should be prepared to stay the entire duration of the auction. We will try to schedule you so that you don't have too much down time. Please dress to impress (with appropriate shoes if you're standing). We are currently seeking donations of food for our volunteers; if you have a serious food allergy, please plan on covering your own needs.
- Marathon Clean Up/ Auction Set Up (10) Friday, 11:00am-7pm.
- Technical Assistant (1-2): Friday, 1pm-7pm, Saturday, 1pm-11pm.
- Art Photographer and Slide Show prep (2) Friday, 11am-completed.
- Art Photography Support and Art Handler (1-2) Friday, 11am-completed.
- Art Data Entry (1) Friday, 11am-completed.
- Event Photographer (2) Time TBD. Must be approved by lead photographer.
- Administrative Assistant (2): Saturday, 3pm-11pm.
- Sign In Table (2-3) Saturday, 5:30pm-9:30pm.
- Box Office/Door (2-3) Saturday, 5:30pm-9:30pm.
- Merchandise Table (1) Saturday, 5:30pm-9:30pm.
- Coat Check (1) Saturday, 6-10pm.
- Bar (3) Saturday, 4:30pm-10:00pm. WA State License required.
- Food Servers (4-6): Saturday, 4:30-10pm. Must have current WA State food handler's card.
- Art Wrappers (6) Saturday, 7p-11pm. Must be fast, have previous art handling experience, be cautious around pieces that are fragile.
- Coat Check (2) Saturday, 4:30-10:30pm.
- Guest Registration & Check-Out (4) Saturday, 4:30-10:30pm. Qualities Needed: calm under pressure, quick, warm personality, trouble-shooter, strong organizational skills, multi-tasker, experience with online forms and credit card swipers.
- Check-out Expediters (2): Saturday, 7-10:30pm.
- Auctioneer Assistant (1): Saturday, 4:30-10:00pm. Run silent and live auction crews (with their crew leaders). Must have previous experience.
- Auction Spotters (2-4): Saturday, 7 -10:00pm. Qualities Needed: assertive and fun personality, enthusiastic while not disrupting the auction, the auctioneer or bidders, ability to read non-verbal cues, attentive to auctioneer needs, high school pep rally experience helpful but not necessary. This is a standing position.
- "Vannas" (3-5): Saturday, 7-10:00pm. Carry art onto floor for guests to preview as Auctioneer introduces it. Move across stage/through crowd as bidding occurs, engage with any bidding wars.
- Clerk Recorder (3): Saturday, 7-10:00pm. Record all sales made by the Auctioneer. Qualities Needed: strong concentration, focus on one task, ability to ignore outside noise, good with numbers, trouble-shooter, spontaneous, legible writing, ability to complete paperwork.
- Greeters (2): Saturday, 5-8pm. Welcome auction attendees as they enter the venue.
- Runner (2): Saturday, 7-10:00pm. Serve as a point person for the Auctioneer. Qualities Needed: overall sense of auction organization, staff, volunteers, and facility layout, ability to problem-solve, assertive and organized, fast mover.
- Security (2-3) Saturday 5pm-10:30pm.
- Clean Up (20) Saturday, 10pm-12am. All hands on deck! If you have a car or truck and can help us move items back to CoCA we will kiss you.
- Data Entry
- Food & Beverage Services
- Event Planning / Management
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment