Kids have such a hard time waiting, especially when it's to see the doctor. You can change that by becoming an ENT Clinic Play Pal and providing simple activities for them that help pass the time when they visit their Ear, Nose, & Throat (ENT) Specialist.
The volunteer will:
1. Play games or read with patients and siblings.
2. Coordinate simple arts and crafts activities.
3. Take responsibility for a sibling or patient if a parent is needed in another area of the clinic.
4. Refill the Half Price Books Cart in the waiting area per guidelines.
5. Sort and tidy toys and crafts in storage containers.
6. Disinfect used toys and supplies with Cavicide wipes.
7. Assist staff with simple office tasks, as needed.
If you've ever had to wait to see a doctor, you have the empathy needed for this volunteer role.
- Child Welfare
- Child Development
- Patient Care
- Children Medical Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours, once per week