Board of Directors Position
Community Support of Atlanta
The Board will support the work of Community Support of Atlanta and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by Community Support of Atlanta's chief executive officer (CEO), the Board-CEO/President relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. Specific Board Member responsibilities include:Leadership, governance and oversight
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the President as s/he develops and implements Community Support of Atlanta's strategic plan
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by Community Support of Atlanta for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
- Approving Community Support of Atlanta's annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the president and other board memebers
- Assisting the President in identifying and recruiting other Board Members
- Partnering with the President and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Representing Community Support of Atlanta; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring Community Support of Atlanta's commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities Community Support of Atlanta’s serves.
Community Support of Atlanta's Board Members will consider Community Support of Atlanta a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. So that Community Support of Atlanta can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals, Community Support of Atlanta expects to have 100 percent of Board Members make an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity.Board terms/participation
Community Support of Atlanta’s Board Members will serve a two-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for one additional term. Board meetings will be held quarterly and committee meetings will be held in coordination with full board meetings.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Community Support of Atlanta’s mission and who has a track record of board leadership. Selected Board Members will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing Board Members.
About Community Support of Atlanta
3270 Spanish Trail, Atlanta, GA 30344, US
Our mission is to help individuals financially with living expenses so they can maintain and secure a place to live. Steps of Success Financial Assistance program is to ensure that middle and low income individuals is getting financial support when they fall behind on their rent or utilities. Our vision is to one day relinquish financial hardship for individuals of middle and low income.
Steps of Success started out as an all volunteer service to help college students with their college expenses. Now we are known as Community Support of Atlanta helping low and middle class individuals keep their rent and utilities paid during financial hardship. Now with our new mission, we have help 30 middle and low income individuals keep their lights on and stopped evictions.