We work to prevent blindness, preserve sight, and enhance and extend the quality of vision life for all residents of Texas. For almost 60 years, Prevent Blindness Texas has been responsible for saving the sight and enhancing the quality of vision for thousands of Texans. PBT touches the lives of thousands of Texans each year through public and professional education, advocacy, certified vision screener training, community outreach and patient service programs.
This is an unpaid internship that provides hands-on volunteering management, assisting with volunteer recruitment, communications and program development along with providing vision screenings at community events. Responsibilities include:
- Help manage volunteer outreach using social networking tools such as Facebook, Twitter, Craigslist, Idealist.org, and VolunteerMatch.com
- Provide general administrative support
- Assist with data entry and ensure data quality of volunteer statistics
- Help seek out community events and speaking engagements in order to recruit more volunteers
- Research, develop and maintain lists of potential volunteer groups and individuals
- Help set up and work at screening events
- Must be a college student with strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent organizational skills
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Previous experience as a volunteer or managing volunteers is a plus
- Interest in nonprofit
Hours are flexible; this position can be fulltime or part-time; would prefer an intern for the fall semester. Office is located in Uptown Dallas.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Sonia Oladapo, North Texas Community Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Patient Care
- Children Medical Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training