Did you know reading to young children is the single most important early experience for later success in learning to read in school but that only 43.2% of Arizona parents report reading to their children every day? Reach Out and Read is a proven program that combines pediatric professionals with parents, their young children, and waiting room reading volunteers to create the best environment possible for literacy success.
Specific tasks may include any or all of the following:
- Read to children in our clinic waiting rooms.
- Encourage interaction with children during and after the story.
- Communicate with parents and/or staff as appropriate.
- Promote volunteer book drives for the program.
Time Required: Flexible scheduling is available. A 2-hour time commitment per shift is desired.
Skills/Education: Experience working with children is helpful along with a friendly and welcoming demeanor. Bilingual is always a plus. A desire to serve the community and be part of the Mountain Park family!
- Child Development
- Child Welfare
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2-hour time commitment is desired.
- Option for same day orientation/training.