Weir River Farm is the last working farm in Hingham. As the days slowly get shorter, it is time to ready the farm for one last sprucing up before the winter weather sets in. Come join us on Saturday, October 29, 2016 from 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. All ages are welcome, but children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult. Please bring work gloves if you have them.
* Sign up for this opportunity
* Raking and sweeping the barnyard
* Cleaning the stalls in the barnyard
* Cleaning the children’s garden
* Trimming trumpet vines, removing vines from rock walls or brush clearing
* Maintaining communication with stewardship staff
* An eagerness to participate in maintaining the Farm
* Able to use hand tools (such as rakes, brooms)
* Able to follow instructions and work in a team
* Dress in appropriate clothes and footwear
* Ability to stand for extended periods of time and ability to bend
* Ability to walk on a variety of surfaces including grass or uneven surfaces
Time Commitment Needed
Saturday, October 29, 2016 from 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Come for the entire day or just a few hours.
The event will be cancelled in the event of active extreme weather.
We will break around noon so please bring a bag lunch and a refillable water bottle.
Water will be available.
- People Skills
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 15
- Oct. 29, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Under 12 requires parental supervision
- Event Assistant - Weir River Farm
- Kitchen Assistant - Powisset Farm
- Fall Barnyard Cleanup - Weir...
- Event Volunteer at Eleanor Cabot...
- Bricklayer/Mason - Bradley Estate
- Guest Services Ambassador -...
- CSA Harvest Crew - Weir River Farm
- Holiday Event Planner - Bradley...
- Communications Outreach...
- Children's Public Program...
- For a Song - Powisset Farm
- Nature Based Educator - Rocky...
- Wednesday Workday Corps -...
- Data Entry-Moose Hill Farm
- Property Ambassador - Eleanor...
- Habitat Restoration - Copicut...