Financial Literacy Program @ LTSC needs JAPANESE and CANTONESE speaking volunteers!
WhenSat Oct 01, 2016 - Fri Dec 16, 2016
WhereLittle Tokyo Service Center231 E. 3rd StreetLos Angeles, CA 90013
Empower residents to gain knowledge and increase their financial opportunities!
Little Tokyo Service Center has developed a Financial Capability and Asset Building Program for residents in their low income and affordable housing---and we are in great need of Cantonese and Japanese speakers!
We will be having a few workshops within October and November where we will need Japanese and Cantonese language speakers to interpret and assist workshop participants. Ideally, the volunteer will be available to dedicate an hour or two every week, for four weeks (the entirety of the workshop series). We will have three sets of workshop series throughout October-December---each series of workshops have a set schedule.
Volunteer responsibilities may include:
- Leading or assisting in workshops for families and individuals based on their financial literacy needs
- Examples of workshops include:
- Developing a monthly household budget
- Reducing credit card debt
- Enrolling in education or additional training
- Opening bank accounts
- Assist with translating workshops and other material relating to workshops
- Administering surveys to gain data on the population to better serve the community's needs
- Performing outreach to notify residents of workshop dates
If you are interested, or would like to learn more, please fill out the interest form here: https://goo.gl/forms/sAocU0e0a4CBfisE3
If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to Melissa C Cruz at 213.473.1634 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cantonese / Mandarin
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 1-3 hours weekly for 4 weeks