Purpose of Role:
Assist in the preparation of meals and efficiency of the MCC kitchen as it prepares meals for our Older Adult and Early Childhood programs. As a kitchen volunteer, you will play an integral role in the preparation of hundreds of meals on a daily basis.
Get started by filling out our volunteer application: http://mannycantor.org/volunteer/individual-application/
- Chop, peel and prepare food for cooking
- Ensure cleanliness of all dishes, cutlery, equipment, etc.
- Basic kitchen skills is required
- Some experience volunteering or working in a kitchen is a plus
- Some experience in food service is a plus
- Understand and practice good hygiene
- Shifts available M-F, 8am-1:30pm
- Minimum 2 hour shift, once/week
- Program Supervisor: Executive Chef
- Training: You will receive hands on training during your first two shifts
- Assessment: You and your supervisor will discuss the best role for you following your training shifts
- Support: Ongoing two-way feedback from program supervisor and volunteer manager, additional trainings and professional development opportunities may be available.
- Gain knowledge of working in a fast-paced kitchen and valuable experience in food service
- Volunteer meet-ups, which will include learning opportunities, social and networking events and more
- Tracking of your volunteer hours for your company, school or affiliated group
- Discounted membership to Manny Cantor Center Fitness Center (12 volunteer hours a month to be eligible)
- Fill out volunteer application
- Phone screening with Volunteer staff
- In-person interview with Kitchen program staff
- Cooking / Catering
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Service
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum 2 hours a week
- You'll receive a brief orientation and training during your first shift!