The Parent Engagement Volunteer will teach newly arrived refugee parents about the United States school district. The majority of work will be done in refugee family homes with the assistance of an interpreter.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Present WMRECC Parent Engagement material to refugee parents.
- Strong verbal and writing skills.
- Ability to use an interpreter effectively.
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Adult Education
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Case Work / Management
- Family Therapy
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2-10 Hours Weekly (Flexible)
- We work with your schedule!
- Spend your Summer Helping...
- Case File Volunteer
- Tutor Refugee Children With Us!
- Refugee Parent Engagement...
- Help Refugee Kids walk and bus...
- Refugee School Enrollment...
- Google Doc. Volunteer!
- Do you speak another language?...
- Be a peer support mentor to...
- Data Entry Intern/ Volunteer
- Logistics Intern/Volunteer
- We need Volunteer Drivers!
- Volunteer Services Intern Staff