The Parent Engagement Volunteer will teach newly arrived refugee parents about the United States school district. The majority of work will be done in refugee family homes with the assistance of an interpreter.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Present WMRECC Parent Engagement material to refugee parents.
- Strong verbal and writing skills.
- Ability to use an interpreter effectively.
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Adult Education
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Case Work / Management
- Family Therapy
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2-10 Hours Weekly (Flexible)
- We work with your schedule!
- Case File Volunteer
- Data Entry Intern/ Volunteer
- Tutor Refugee Children With Us!
- Refugee Parent Engagement...
- Logistics Intern/Volunteer
- We need Volunteer Drivers!
- Help Refugee Kids walk and bus...
- Refugee School Enrollment...
- Google Doc. Volunteer!
- Do you speak another language?...
- Salesforce Volunteer