The Boys and Girls Clubs of the Peninsula's vision is that all young people, if they work hard, can live fulfilling lives with a good education, a fair paying job, decent housing, and the ability to raise a family. We want kids' futures to depend more upon their own actions and less upon the circumstances into which they were born.
Our mission is to provide the low-income youth of our community with the opportunities they need to achieve school success.
At the Boys and Girls Clubs of the Peninsula Power-Hour is a specific system aimed at helping children with completion and comprehension of homework assignments. Volunteers support a teacher in a classroom with a group of children from a specific grade, answering questions and explaining difficult concepts. The ultimate goal is to instill good study habits and inspire students to pursue further education in a fun and engaging manor. At Taft Community School in Redwood City, between 80-90% of the homework for 1st-2nd graders is in Spanish. We need awesome and dedicated bilingual volunteers who are passionate about supporting our students.
- Child Development
- Literacy / Reading
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hr/week
- Negative TB, clear Live Scan fingerprinting, proof of driver's license or other valid identification
- Spanish-Speaking Tutors Needed...
- Become a College Bound Mentor!
- "Book Nook" Reading Tutor
- Coach Youth Basketball!
- Volunteer with the Boys and...
- Mentor an 8th Grade Youth of the...
- Spanish-speaking Tutors Needed
- Be a Running Buddy for Young...
- Kindergarten Classroom Support
- Help Kids with Homework!
- Bilingual Classroom Support...
- Tutor Elementary Math & Literacy...
- Reading Tutor at Boys and Girls...
- Youth Academic Tutors Needed
- Summer Internship at Boys &...
- Head Coach Needed for...
- College Mentor for Boys and...
- 1-1 Tutors Needed (1x/Week)