The Charlotte Mecklenburg BLACK Chamber of Commerce has a unique opportunity for you to grow your sales and presentation skills! We are looking for a Member Outreach Specialist to help promote CMBCC's brand and sell the value of membership.
In this volunteer role, you will be responsible for increasing awareness of CMBCC through a variety of in person meetings, presentations and networking opportunities with our corporate and community partners.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Attend CMBCC Signature Events, greet members & guests
- Attend corporate and community partner events to showcase 'CMBCC Roadshow’
- Place follow up calls to event attendees
- Engage prospective members via social media
- Retrieve and respond to prospective member e-mail and / or phone inquiries
- Track and report member join + retention metrics to Committee Chair
This role requires exceptional customer service and selling skills and strong knowledge and comfort with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). The successful candidate will have experience in a Customer Service role, be self-directed and capable of interfacing with internal and external stakeholders at various organizational levels. You should also be comfortable managing multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, working virtually or in person.
What We Offer in Return:
- Opportunity to meet and work with like-minded people
- Acquired knowledge in fundraising management & non-profit organizations
- Personal reward & professional development
- Improved customer service and sales skills
- Forged networks with professionals from CMBCC partner organizations
- Opportunity to help build an expanding organization
Volunteer role. Five (5) hours per week.
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Sales Marketing
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 6 - 8 hours per week