The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Peninsula is an expanded learning time non-profit serving over 1800 K-12 students per year. Our mission is to provide low-income youth of our community with the opportunities that enable them to graduate ready to succeed in college or career.
We are currently seeking volunteer tutors to support BGPC mentors during our Power Hour/Blended Learning class blocks. Power Hour/Blended Learning is a specific system aimed at helping children with completion and comprehension of homework assignments. Volunteers support a teacher in a classroom with a group of children from a specific grade, answering questions and explaining difficult concepts. The ultimate goal is to instill good study habits and inspire students to pursue further education in a fun and engaging manor.
- Be consistent in attendance
- Be flexible with students’ needs
- Work to ensure students understand concepts and complete homework assignments
- Ask leading questions & check for understanding
- Be respectful to students and staff
- Collaborate with staff to ensure student success
- Commit to 1 hour a week for a 10 week period
- Online application & background check
- Attend a one-time hour orientation
- Genuine interest in serving youth and closing the opportunity gap
If interested, apply online here: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?AP=1512340535
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour/week
- TB test and Live Scan fingerprinting for volunteers who are 18 or older
- Spanish-Speaking Tutors Needed...
- "Book Nook" Reading Tutor
- Coach Youth Basketball!
- Volunteer with the Boys and...
- Mentor an 8th Grade Youth of the...
- Spanish-speaking Tutors Needed
- Be a Running Buddy for Young...
- Kindergarten Classroom Support
- Help Kids with Homework!
- Bilingual Classroom Support...
- Tutor Elementary Math & Literacy...
- Reading Tutor at Boys and Girls...
- Youth Academic Tutors Needed
- Head Coach Needed for...
- 1-1 Tutors Needed (1x/Week)