The Charlotte Mecklenburg BLACK Chamber of Commerce has a unique opportunity for you to meet and engage with our members! We are looking for an Member Engagement Coordinator to welcome and maintain regular communication with CMBCC member companies, work to understand their needs and create solutions that inspire greater engagement with CMBCC, our resources and programs.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Welcome new members to CMBCC
- Coordinate logistics and host New Member Orientation webinar (monthly)
- Retrieve and respond to member e-mail and / or phone inquiries
- Recognize significant business accomplishments and events of member companies.
- Update and maintain member records (i.e. online directory)
- Track and report membership metrics to Member Experience Committee Chair for evaluation
This role requires exceptional customer service and selling skills and strong knowledge and comfort with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). The successful candidate will have experience in a Customer Service role, be self-directed and capable of interfacing with internal and external stakeholders at various organizational levels.
What We Offer in Return:
- Opportunity to meet and work with like-minded people
- Acquired knowledge in fundraising management & non-profit organizations
- Personal reward & professional development
- Improved skills in written and oral communication
- Forged networks with professionals from CMBCC partner organizations
- Opportunity to help build an expanding organization
- Program Management
- Community Outreach
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 8 - 10 hours per week.