Immediate need for a Technical Leader (front-end)
Hone your skills, strengthen your resume, expand your career contacts while helping a worthy cause; Be one of the Technical Leads for the design and development of a best-in-class, online experence that provides all the information 16-19-year-olds need to enable them to achieve financial success.
The Scrum Master and Product Owners will onboard new developers regarding the scrum process, have assignments ready, and run weekly teleconference-sprint-meetings. Our established communication plan includes Slack, JIRA and GitHub and teleconferencing. As the Technical Leader, you assist developers, as needed, in their assignments by reviewing code and testing code, offering feedback, and working on your own on more-difficult assignments. We would like to have one more Tech Leader in the front-end and one more Technical Leader in the back end to ensure project continuity.
App to Succeed, Inc. is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that aims to eliminate poverty in the United States and narrow the income gap by providing best-in-class, comprehensive information on personal finance and other relevant topics for at-risk Americans to enable them to become and remain financially responsible, self-sufficient and successful.
Act as the Technical Leader for team of software design and development volunteers to complete two of the six segments of the project program, including:
- Formatting and inputting written and visual content on screens.
- Connecting database with user input
- Auto populating data from database in program to customize the user's experience.
- Testing function and speed.
- Programming navigation functions.
- Programming progress bar and many custom features.
These assignments are virtual and work is done remotely, unless the volunteer resides in the Stamford, CT area; where there is the opportunity to work at the headquarters.
As a nonprofit, we do offer other forms of compensation as we are not yet able to pay our interns.
- For completing your volunteer commitment, your name will be acknowledged on the organizations' website and in the credits of the software program when published.
- Those who exceed expectations and make a significant contribution will receive a personal letter of reference written and signed by the CEO.
- Academic credit and / or community service hours are given, with school approval.
- Volunteers who meet expectations and complete their assignments well enough to use in the program, will receive a service certificate.
- The volunteer will benefit from the personal finance information they learn as they work on the project.
- Hours are flexible
- Work remotely and save the time and cost of commuting by communicating through Slack, GitHub, JIRA and teleconferencing.
- Start dates and end dates are flexible.
- The number of hours per week is flexible based on the skills of the applicant and the length of their commitment.
Lead volunteers to complete two of the six segments of the project by June 30, 2018. with an option to continue to start on next segment.
Effectively manage volunteers to complete assignments from, but not limited to, the list below.
- Format and code software content and visuals.
- Integrate animation with software content.
- Add audio sound track to software
- Develop software, navigation, custom features and multimedia components to follow script.
- Expand database capacity to to store each user's input and custom auto-populate content and navigation based on their individual input.
- Develop detailed tracking systems and report generation.
- Develop capacity for database to automatically generate appropriate personalized content based on set of criteria.
- Draft or supervise additions to the Software Manual. Compile write-up step by step instructions for assignments: where to find it, how it is done, how to maintain and update it, so the next person who works on the assignment, can be more efficient by referencing your entries in the manual.
- Ensure top security for software and database and website.
- Produce work with the state-of-the-art user experience as the goal.
Professional and freelance software designers/developers, computer science graduate students with experience, in software design and development, and project leadership. GPA 3.5+
Willing to learn easy communications tools: basic Slack, basic JIRA
Experience working in Agile methodology is a plus.
Maturity and self-discipline to work virtually.
Motivated to meet deadlines to the best of their ability.
Strong Preference for a long-term commitment (through August 2018 or beyond, for continuity of the project)
Tech Leader has the ability to:
- Review Code and labeling
- Test Code
- Attend all or most of the team video meetings run by the Scrum Master
- Promptly respond to volunteer's questions, needs for assistance and problem solving as needed.
- Effectively communicate questions, ideas, needs, status of progress, and requests for approval with nontechnical management, Scrum Master, Product Owners and Content Manager
- Work independently, virtually, and as part of the team.
- Give timely feedback as appropriate.
- Ensure that volunteers have the access, training and ability to deliver assignments on time.
- Eventually work with database Technical Leader.
- SQL / MySQL
- Software Development
- Website Project Management
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- Average of 15+ hrs./wk. for 4+ months.
- Prefer average of 10 + hrs./wk. for 6-18 months
- Video and Audio Production and...
- Internet Research Projects...
- Website Developers Upgrading...
- Crowdfunding Campaign Manager
- Editor/Writer/Proofread (Get...
- Motion Graphics, Fractal, 2D and...
- Technical Leader (Virtual) For...
- Social Media Master
- Record Male Voice for a Good...
- Graphic Designer for a Good...
- Software Development (Work...