Strengthen your resume by helping to design and develop a unique, highly interactive educational software program on personal finance for 16-19-year-olds.
App to Succeed Inc. is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that aims to eliminate poverty In the United States by providing best-in-class, comprehensive personal finance information for at-risk Americans to enable them to become and remain financially responsible, self-sufficient and successful.
As a nonprofit, we offer other forms of compensation as we are not, yet, able to pay our volunteers.
1. For completing your commitment to the internship, your name will be acknowledged on the organizations' website and in the credits of the software program when published.
2. Academic credit and / or community service hours are given, with school approval.
3. Interns who complete their assignment well enough to use in the program, will receive an Internship certificate.
4. Those that are exceptional interns and make a significant contribution will receive personal letter of reference written by the CEO.
5. Interns will benefit from the personal finance information he/she about as they work on he software.
-Hours are flexible
-Start dates and end dates are flexible.
-Work can be done remotely and communication is done by by Skype, email or phone, saving the time and cost of commuting.
-The number of weeks and hours per week will be determined based on the intern's abilities, scope of interest, commitment and availability. Many of our interns take paid jobs elsewhere, not related to their career interest, while they do their career-related internship with App to Succeed.
You will have the opportunity to do similar assignments to those listed below.
1. Integrate animation with software content.
2. Program content and visuals to software.
3. Add audio to software
4. Develop software, navigation and multimedia components to follow script.
5. Add to Software Manual. Write about the assignments you worked on, where to find the work, how you did it, how to change it, how to maintain and update it, so the next person who works on the assignment ,i.e. who applies it to another segment of the software, will understands what you have done and how you did it. 6. Expand database interface with software and with website input and output. 7. Expand ability for software to store input correctly in database and auto-populate software correctly from database. 8. Develop ability for database to automatically email to appropriate person with appropriate information at the appropriate time. 9. Ensure top security for software and database and website.
Freelance Profressional software designer/developer, graduate and undergraduate computer science majors with students with advanced coursework and experience in software design and development.
- SQL / MySQL
- Information Architecture
- Website Programming
- Mobile Programming
- Website Project Management
- Software Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 19
- Prefer 4 plus month commitment