Full Stack Developers (Work Virtually) For Good Cause
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
283 people are interested
App to Succeed, Inc. is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that aims to end poverty and narrow the income gap in the United States by empowering at-risk Americans with everything they need to know to achieve financial independence and success.
Choose from a wide variety of assignments. Front end, back end, database, testing, etc.
We work in two week sprints so it's very helpful to be available for some or all of the teleconference meetings on Tuesdays and every other Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. EST
Strong preference for full stack developers.
Prefer experience with Slack, GitHub, and/or JIRA
Prefer experience using Agile methodology.
Professional software developers, graduate school students with professional experience as a software developer are encouraged to volunteer.
Minimum of 10 hours per week for 4 months (hours are flexible to suit your schedule)
Preference for 15-20 hours and / a longer-term commitment.
As a nonprofit organization, we are not yet able to pay our volunteers and interns, but we do offer other forms of compensation.
1. For completing your volunteer commitment, your name will be acknowledged on the organization’s website and in the credits of the software program when published.
2. Those who exceed expectations and make a significant contribution to the project may choose between a personal letter of reference written and signed by the CEO or a LinkedIn endorsement
3. Volunteers who meet expectations and complete their assignments well enough to use in the program, will receive a service certificate upon request.
- Hours are flexible to accommodate your schedule.
- Work is done remotely so you save the time and expense of commuting
- Start dates and end dates are flexible. (For this assignment strong preference to stay until project is complete and ability to attend at least two meetings per month.)
- The number of hours per week is flexible but minimum of 10 hours per week for this position
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- SQL / MySQL
- Mobile Programming
- Software Development
- Software Engineering
- Website Programming
- People 55+
- Must be at least 20
- Prefer more hours and to completion of segment.