Software Development (Work anywhere) Agile methodology.
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
252 people are interested
App to Succeed, Inc. is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that aims to eliminate poverty in the United States by providing best-in-class, comprehensive, information including personal finance and other relevant topics for Americans at risk, to enable them to become and remain financially responsible, self-sufficient and successful no matter what their current financial circumstances are.
Choose from a wide variety of assignments. Front end, database, testing, etc.
Prefer experience with Slack, GitHub, and/or JIRA
Prefer experience using Agile methodology.
Professional software designers/developers, graduate school students, and exceptional 4th year undergraduate computer science majors with advanced coursework and experience in software design and development are encouraged to volunteer.
Minimum of 10 hours per week for 4 months (hours are flexible to suit your schedule)
Preference 15 to 40 hours and /or a longer-term commitment.
As a nonprofit organization, we are not yet able to pay our volunteers and interns, but we do offer other forms of compensation.
1. For completing your volunteer commitment, your name will be acknowledged on the organization’s
website and in the credits of the software program when published.
2. Those who exceed expectations and make a significant contribution to the project may choose between a personal letter of reference written and signed by the CEO or a LinkedIn endorsement
3. Volunteers who meet expectations and complete their assignments well enough to use in the program, will receive a service certificate upon request.
4. Volunteers will benefit from the personal finance information they learn my working on the project.
- Hours are flexible to accommodate your schedule.
- Work is done remotely so you save the time and expense of commuting
- Start dates and end dates are flexible. (For this assignment strong preference to stay until project is complete.)
- The number of hours per week is flexible but minimum of 15 hours per week for this position.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- SQL / MySQL
- Mobile Programming
- Software Development
- Software Engineering
- Website Programming
- People 55+
- Must be at least 20
- Prefer 20+ hrs. /wk 6+mo; Min. 10 hrs. /wk. 4 mo