App to Succeed, Inc. is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that aims to eliminate poverty in the United States by providing best-in-class, comprehensive, information including personal finance and other relevant topics for at-risk Americans to enable them to become and remain financially responsible, self-sufficient and successful.
As a nonprofit, we offer other forms of compensation as we are not, yet, able to pay our volunteers.
1. For completing your commitment to the internship, your name will be acknowledged on the organizations' website and in the credits of the software program when published.
2. Academic credit and / or community service hours are awarded, with school approval.
3. Interns who fulfill their time commitment to App to Succeed, Inc. and contribute something to advance the development of the program, will receive an Internship certificate.
4. Those who exceed expectations, fulfill their time commitment to App to Succeed, Inc. and make a significant contribution to the project will receive personal letter of reference written and signed by the CEO.
5. Interns will benefit from the personal finance information they learns about as they work on the project.
-Hours are flexible
-Start dates and end dates are flexible.
-Work is done remotely and communication is done by by Skype, email, phone, or Slack saving the time and cost of commuting.
-The number of weeks and hours per week will be determined based on the intern's abilities, scope of interest, commitment and availability. Many of our interns take paid jobs elsewhere, not related to their career interest, while they do their career-related internship with App to Succeed.
Choose from a wide variety of assignments.
1. Integrate animation with software content.
2. Program content and visuals for the software.
3. Add audio to software
4. Develop software, navigation and multimedia features
5. Add to Software Manual. Write about the assignments you worked on, where to find the work, instructions on how you did the work, and how to maintain and update it, so the next person who works on the assignment, i.e. who applies it to another segment of the software, will understand what you have done and how you did it.
6. Expand database interface with software and with website input and output.
7. Expand ability for software to store input correctly in database and auto-populate software correctly from database.
8. Develop ability for database to automatically email to appropriate person with appropriate information at the appropriate time.
9. Ensure top security for software and database and website.
Requirement: Proficiency in Angular 4 and JIRA
Professional software designers/developers, graduate school students and 4th year undergraduate computer science majors with advanced coursework and experience in software design and development.
Minimum of 15 hours per week for 4 months (hours are flexible to suit your schedule)
Preference for more hours and or longer-term
- SQL / MySQL
- Website Programming
- Mobile Programming
- Website Project Management
- Software Development
- Software Engineering
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- Prefer 20 hours per week for 6 + month commitment
- Internet Research Projects...
- Webmaster (Virtual & Flexible)...
- Virtual Video and Audio Editing
- Crowdfunding Campaign Manager
- Editor/Writer/Proofread (Get...
- Motion Graphics, Fractal, 2D and...
- Technical Leader (Virtual) For...
- Social Media Master
- Graphic Designer (Option to...
- Virtual Software Development