App to Succeed, Inc. is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that aims to eliminate poverty in the United States by providing best-in-class, comprehensive, information including personal finance and other relevant topics for at-risk Americans to enable them to become and remain financially responsible, self-sufficient and successful.
We offer other forms of compensation as a nonprofit, we are not, yet, able to pay our volunteers.Project Leader / Product Owner agile methodology APP TO SUCCEED INC When Thu Feb 08, 2018 - Thu Jun 07, 2018 Where This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address. Your name can be in credits and on website. About
Have you worked as a Scrum Master, Project Manager or Product Owner? Have you worked with the agile methodology? Hone your skills while helping to eliminate poverty in the United States.
You will work with the Scrum Master. the Technical Leader and software developers helping to onboard new developers, introducing them to the agile methodology and connecting them to GitHub, Slack, JIRA and the Google shared Drive. You will write user stories, maintain the team's enthusiasm for the project and help manage the project on JIRA . You may run some online weekly meetings in JIRA with developers gathering story point estimates , making assignments, tracking the developers progress, and estimating timing for project.
App to Succeed Inc. is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that aims to eliminate poverty in the United States and narrow the income gap by providing best-in-class, comprehensive information on personal finance and other relevant topics for at-risk Americans to enable them to become and remain financially responsible, self-sufficient and successful.
Help manage the process to support the developers, Certified Scrum Master, Technical Leader and Product Owner, to finish the development of two of the six segments of the project,
These assignments are virtual and work is done remotely, (unless the volunteer resides in the Stamford, CT area; where there is the opportunity to work at the headquarters.)
As a nonprofit, we offer other forms of compensation as we are not yet able to pay our interns.
- Those who exceed expectations and make a significant contribution will receive a personal letter of reference written and signed by the CEO.
- For completing your volunteer commitment, your name will be acknowledged on the organizations' website and in the credits of the software program when published.
- Academic credit and / or community service hours are given, with school approval.
- Volunteers who meet expectations and complete their assignments well enough to use in the program, will receive a service certificate.
- Volunteers will benefit from the personal finance information that he/she learns by working on the project.
- Hours are flexible
- Work is done remotely so you save the time and cost of commuting by communicating through Slack, GitHub, JIRA and teleconferencing.
- Start dates and end dates are flexible.
- The number of hours per week is flexible based on the skills of the applicant and the length of their commitment.
Choose from a wide variety of assignments. Work is done in 2-week sprints.
Prefer experience using Slack, GitHub, and/or JIRA
Prefer experience using Agile methodology.
Professional software designers/developers, graduate school students and exceptional 4th year undergraduate computer science majors with advanced coursework and experience in software design and development.
Minimum of 10 hours per week for 4 months (hours are flexible to suit your schedule)
Preference for more hours and or longer-term
- SQL / MySQL
- Mobile Programming
- Website Project Management
- Software Development
- Software Engineering
- Security / Network Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- Prefer 20 hours per week for 6 + month commitment
- Executive Assistant (Virtual...
- Website Developers Upgrading...
- Video and Audio Production and...
- Editor/Writer/Proofread (Get...
- Motion Graphics, Fractal, 2D and...
- Technical Leader (Virtual) For...
- Virtual Voice Over (Teen Male...
- Graphic Designer for a Good...
- Software Development (Work...
- Volunteer Coordinator (Virtual)