Hooray for Languages is seeking volunteers with a basic* knowledge of Spanish.
Where: Newport County, RI
When: Sessions run 6 or 8 weeks for 30 minutes/week
Who: Children range in age from 12 months - 8 years
Contact Anne Nichelson at email@example.com to apply. Visit www.hoorayforlanguages.org/volunteer for more information.
The volunteer commitment is easy...
* Teach for 30 minutes/week for 6‐8 weeks
* Orientation/volunteer training
* Pre‐prepared curriculum and materials
* Support from Hooray for Languages along the way
* Choose to co‐teach if you'd like someone else to join you or share the session.
* A classroom teacher, assistant, or organization representative will be present.
Hooray for Languages is a Rhode Island 501(c)(3) non‐profit organization. Our mission is to enrich young children's lives through foreign languages. We engage community volunteers to teach 30‐minute classes on a weekly basis at child care centers, nursery schools, libraries, summer camps, and community centers.
* You have had at least one semester of high school Spanish, or you are a native speaker.
- Child Development
- Teaching / Instruction
- Cross-cultural Communication
- General Education
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- 30 minutes/week
- You have never been charged with violence or any type of charge involving a child or young person.