Volunteer Positions Available at RAMS CalWORKs!!!
RAMS CalWORKs Counseling and Prevocational Services is looking for volunteers who want to make a difference in the lives of families and children. You will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with a committed team of psychotherapists, social workers, and peer counselors who share the cause of helping individuals and families improve their mental and physical well-being and achieve economic independence.
We welcome volunteers from all walks of life. Active retirees are especially encouraged to apply.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide childwatch for clients who have young children from the age 3 to 13
- Prepare, organize, and tidy up play area
- Assist staff with various office tasks, including: Copying and preparing intake packets, filing, answering phone calls, and greeting visitors/clients
- Collaborate with staff to plan events, workshops, and other outreach and educational activities in the office or out in the community
- Attend agency training/events, if recommended
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism in an office setting
- Reliable and can work independently
- Experience with childcare a plus
- Basic computer skills (eg. Microsoft Office Suite)
- Bilingual in Spanish/Chinese/Russian/Arabic/Mongolian/any other language a big plus, but not required
- Able to commit to at least 2 shifts per week (9am to 1pm or 1 to 5pm) for 6 months
- Must be able to submit TB Clearance and Live/Scan fingerprinting clearances, as per local & State law requirements, upon acceptance into volunteer placement
You must be at least 18 year-old, high school senior, or have earned a GED or high school diploma.
- Office Reception
- Child Care
- Basic Computer Skills
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least 2 shifts/wk, 9am-1pm or 1-5pm for 6 mo.