Volunteering at the Bureau of Fearless Ideas
The Greater Seattle Bureau of Fearless Ideas is powered by volunteers. From tutoring kids of all ages in every subject, to creating songs, writing stories, publishing books, hosting classes for field trips and working in Seattle schools, volunteers do it all. Whatever your secret (or not-so-secret) talent is, we can find a use for it at the Bureau to enrich kids’ communication skills and help them get that pesky (but important!) homework finished. Our volunteers are a diverse community of authors, scientists, teachers, artists, programmers, engineers, musicians, jacks-and-jills-of-all-trades, and Everyday Folk. We could use whatever ingredients you have to offer in our amazing community of do-gooders, so apply today!
Duties for Greenwood Space Travel Supply Store Volunteers
- Learn the basics of running a cash register, including handling cash, operating the Square app on iPad, and ringing up items. (It’s easier than it sounds!)
- Performing opening and/or closing duties.
- Act as a spokesperson for the Bureau of Fearless Ideas, telling customers about our store and our programs, and encouraging customers to be part of our community.
- Work well with a diverse group of customers, volunteers, and staff.
- Help with tasks around the store, such as stocking, tidying up, arranging items and other small duties.
- If desired, can help with other administrative work.
- Good customer service skills, a positive attitude, and a slight adeptness with technology.
- Enthusiasm about our mission and our programs.
- A love of creativity, self-expression, storytelling and good humor.
Time RequirementMultiple three-hour shifts are available. Mon-Thurs shifts are Noon-3pm and 3pm-6pm. Saturday shifts are 10am-1pm, 1pm-4pm, and 3pm-6pm. Volunteer on multiple days, once a week, once a month, or sign on as a substitute!
- Retail / Sales
- General Education
- Professional Development
- Community Outreach
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hour shifts Mon-Sat