Help us Plan our Relay For Life Events in Maine!
Relay For Life of Greater Portland, Brunswick, York County and Midcoast are constantly looking to improve and grow and we can't do it without the help of our local communities! Our events are created, promoted, and run by committees comprised of volunteers and we would love to add some new faces. Planning Committee member's responsibilities and tasks are wide ranging and can be customized to your level of involvement, making this the perfect volunteer opportunity for everyone! Some examples of the planning committee roles are:
* Logistics Lead - assist with permitting, and day-of timeline
* Sponsorship Lead - help identify potential businesses
* Volunteer Lead - recruit and train other volunteers
* Community Champion - be a presence in the community for Relay
* Activities and Entertainment Lead - plan/lead activities and entertainment for meetings and Relay
* Team Recruitment - recruit businesses, schools, organizations to join the walk
* Publicity Lead: assist with putting out press releases and general publicity of the event
* Also looking for people who want to assist with general needs
These roles are easily handled by one or more persons and many can be supported on nights and weekends, however your schedule allows.
Committee volunteers must be able to commit to attending regular monthly meetings and carrying out the duties of their position within the community. This can include driving to local businesses to solicit donations, sponsorship, or outreach. Logistics such as permits and arranging police details, or organizing volunteers and fundraising. The more members we have the lighter the workload is on all of us, so please consider joining!
- Donor Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment