We are looking for volunteers to help us in a variety of ways at our 8th annual Conferencia Sobre la Diabetes (Diabetes Conference). The event is free to the public and the day's activities will include free health screenings, free educational workshops and exhibitors. This year we are expecting 800 participants at the Raritan Bay Area YMCA and our volunteer needs are very great. We need your help to have a smooth running event at which our participants feel well-supported. Lunch will also be provided. These are the areas where we need volunteers:
- Event Set-Up 7:00AM - 10:00AM: Assist in the set-up and decoration of the event (i.e. set-up tables, chairs, hang banners, decorating area, unload supplies, etc.) Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Registration/Check-In 8:00AM - 12:00PM: Assist in checking in volunteers, participants and exhibitors. Includes handing out participants lunch tickets, event program, floor map, etx. Assit with distribution of door prizes, goody bags & ensure completion of attendees' evaluation forms.
- Hosts/Floaters 9:00AM - 12:00PM: Welcome attendees and exhibitors at various points in the venue; direct the public to where they need to go. Provides assistance to vendors, help with different needs and applications, encouraging audience particiapation. Also would be responsible for passing out brochures, pamphlets and information to conference attendees.
- Educational Workshops 9:00AM - 2:00PM: Assist in the set-up of the room. Assist with distribution and collection of registration forms, pre and post tests and evaluation forms at each workshop. Helping answer and fill in contact sheets and evaluation forms. Distribute the gift bags and provide support for the speaker. Assist speakers and specail guests as needed.
- Kids Zone 10:30AM - 2:30PM: Assist with various activities, provide technical assistance, help with different needs and requests.
- Medical Professionals Helper 10:30AM - 3:00PM: Need to be bilingual (Spanish, Russian, Hindi, Korean etc.) Explanation of paper work to the public at medical screening stations. Assist medical professional interpret questions to attendees.
- Food Set-Up and Serve 12:30PM - 2:00PM: Individuals are needed to help prepare and organize the food on the day of the event. Assist in bringing supplies and food to the lunch area. Assist in distributing lunch to vendors and volunteers.
- Clean up/Take down 10:00AM - 2:30PM: Assist with maintaining order and cleanliness in the venue. Assist with distribution of door prizes, goody bags and ensure completion of attendees' evaluation forms. Assist in breaking down, removing signage, bringing supplies to vans, etc. Ability to lift 25lbs.
- Super Volunteer 8:00AM - 3:00PM: Available All day to support the event.
For more information, please contact Laura Wertz at Lwertz@diabetes.org
- Relationship Building
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Anywhere between 1 and 7 hours