Our awesome volunteers are what makes our programs so special. If you can volunteer 3-4 hours a week during the basketball season, we can use your help! We are looking for dedicated people who are interested in spreading a "love of the game" while helping youth in a positive and safe environment.
Volunteers should have played and/or coached basketball before, and are comfortable planning progressive practices that focus on building fundamentals for a variety of skill levels on one team. An emphasis is placed on switching the youth sports paradigm from the "total points/final score = winning" to "learning/progress = winning." CARD focuses on creating an positive environment that creates better athletes, but more importantly, better people. We want to spread a "love of the game" to spark lifelong interests in sports.
If you are interested in filling any of the below positions, please fill out a Volunteer Coach Application (found here: http://www.chicorec.com/CARD-Programs/Athletics/Coaching-Resources/index.html). Each positions requires getting fingerprinted, attending a pre-season and on-site meeting, holding one practice a week during the season, and attending games.
Pre season meetings:
- Classroom training: Monday, October 24 from 5:30-7:30pm
- On-site training: Tuesday, October 25 from 5:30-7:30pm
Sesaon information (must clear background check before being allowed to start practices or games):
- Practices start the week of 10/31
- Games are on Saturdays from 11/5-12/17 (no games on 11/26). Game times vary slightly based on the total number of teams in each league.
- Child Development
- Teaching / Instruction
- Physical Education
- Sports Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 to 4 hours per week during the season.
- All volunteers must turn in a volunteer applicationa and pass a background check before starting.