Title: Development Volunteer
Commonwealth Shakespeare Company (CSC) is seeking a volunteer who will be an integral part of the development team, which consists of a full-time Director of Development and full-time Development Associate.
- Filing, data entry, and office organization
- Assisting staff with fundraising appeal mailings
- Assist with staffing events as needed
- Other duties as assigned - can be catered to the volunteer’s interests
- Professional and detail-oriented, with excellent communication skills
- Ability to be calm and focused under pressure
- Computer-savvy, with strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Flexible, but must be during office hours (roughly 10am-5pm Monday-Friday)
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with "Development Volunteer" in the subject line. Rolling deadline. No phone calls please.
Please note that Commonwealth Shakespeare Company is the Theatre-in-Residence at Babson College. Applicants must have their own means of transportation to and from the campus in Wellesley.
Commonwealth Shakespeare Company (CSC), best known for its annual free performances on Boston Common, is a non-profit organization founded in 1996, dedicated to presenting vital and contemporary productions of William Shakespeare and other dramatic works to the people of Greater Boston, and to exploring Shakespeare's work with youth in innovative and creative ways. CSC’s Free Shakespeare on the Common has served over a million audience members over its 21 year history, and has become a beloved summer tradition enjoyed by nearly 75,000 patrons annually.
In addition to the annual Boston Common productions, CSC presents several free play-reading events during the year, including Theatre in the Rough, Shakespeare & Leadership, and Shakespeare & the Law. CSC fulfills its educational mission with actor-training programs for pre-professional and professional actors through its Summer Academy and CSC2 ensemble. Throughout the year, CSC also partners with area schools to provide in- and after-school theatre activities for youth. In 2013, CSC became the Theatre-in-Residence at Babson College in Wellesley, Massachusetts.
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- flexible - during regular business hours Mon-Fri