Love planning parties? Good at soliciting for donations? Then we have the perfect opportunity for you. St. Sophia’s Forgotten Felines is looking for Fundraising Assistants to work on a variety of activities all with the goal of helping to raise money to save more cats.
Under the supervision of the Fundraising Coordinator, the Fundraising Assistants will help with:
- Event planning, including but not limited to:
- Researching and securing venues
- Finding and securing vendors or sponsors
- Soliciting for donations from local, regional, and national businesses for raffles/silent auctions
- Passing out flyers and helping with other advertising
- Administration on day-of event (ticket sales, decorating, facilitating, etc)
- Passive Fundraisers:
- Researching potential partnership opportunities with online or other passive fundraisers (Scentsy, Yankee Candle, Sees Chocolates, etc)
- Responding to e-mails and phone calls and any other ad hoc administrative duties required.
- Volunteers must have basic computer skills, and possess a keen attention to detail
- They should be happy talking on the phone or using e-mails to reply to enquiries
- Fundraising Assistants must be able to work independently or without assistance
Training and support:
Any specific information and training required by Fundraising Assistants will be delivered by the Fundraising Coordinator on a one-on-one basis.
Availability: Flexible, normally about 2 hours a week, more if an event is coming up.
- People Skills
- Animal Care / Handling
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- 2 hours per week, varying as needed