12 people are interested
Love planning parties? Good at soliciting for donations? Then we have the perfect opportunity for you. St. Sophia’s Forgotten Felines is looking for Fundraising Assistants to work on a variety of activities all with the goal of helping to raise money to save more cats.
Under the supervision of the Fundraising Coordinator, the Fundraising Assistants will help with:
- Event planning, including but not limited to:
- Researching and securing venues
- Finding and securing vendors or sponsors
- Soliciting for donations from local, regional, and national businesses for raffles/silent auctions
- Passing out flyers and helping with other advertising
- Administration on day-of event (ticket sales, decorating, facilitating, etc)
- Passive Fundraisers:
- Researching potential partnership opportunities with online or other passive fundraisers (Scentsy, Yankee Candle, Sees Chocolates, etc)
- Responding to e-mails and phone calls and any other ad hoc administrative duties required.
- Volunteers must have basic computer skills, and possess a keen attention to detail
- They should be happy talking on the phone or using e-mails to reply to enquiries
- Fundraising Assistants must be able to work independently or without assistance
Training and support:
Any specific information and training required by Fundraising Assistants will be delivered by the Fundraising Coordinator on a one-on-one basis.
Availability: Flexible, normally about 2 hours a week, more if an event is coming up.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- People Skills
- Animal Care / Handling
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- 2 hours per week, varying as needed