What is Sage-ing(r)?
Sage-ing is a wisdom- and contribution-based approach to focusing on the importance of the stories, experiences and lessons accumulated throughout the journey of our lives. Sage-ing evolved from Native American traditions that value respect and experience and teach members of a community how to cultivate their wisdom and pass it on to future generations.
Sage-ing Circles are enjoyable and powerful conversations about life. Personal, family,
community and global issues are discussed with wisdom, maturity and compassion.
Sage-ing Circles are places where many find:
* Pathways to cultivating wisdom
* A means for discovering life’s purposes
* Improved relationship skills
* Meaningful connection and contribution
* A way to give back
Many Sage-ing Circles have missions. They come together to lead volunteer or mentoring efforts, to provide support to others during life transitions or to simply expand their relationships with those who share similar goals. Sage-ing principles are non-denominational; however, they can enhance spiritual maturity for those who do hold a faith or denominational preference.
Who Should Volunteer?
* Professionals, allied professionals and lay leaders who
are dedicated to adults and the issues that they face
later in life
* Clergy, lay leaders
* Social service professionals
* Senior residential and independent living leaders
* Healthy aging industry professionals
- Music Therapy
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- on going