Cards for Troops Volunteer Coordinator will inform and engage homeschool groups, families, and businesses to write letters of encouragement and thanks to our deployed and wounded service men and women.
Christmas Cards for Troops is a Home School Association for Military Families (HSAMF) sponsored volunteer opportunity in support of Operation Gratitude. The mission of Operation Gratitude is to "lift spirits and meet the evolving needs of our Military and First Responder communities, and provide volunteer opportunities for Americans to express their appreciation to all who serve our nation" (Operation Gratitude, 2015).
Christmas Cards for Troops is a fun homeschool community event in which homeschoolers around the world participate in showing their gratitude to the men and women in our Armed Forces.
- Develop and implement strategies for reaching large number of homeschoolers
- Contact prospects/homeschool groups by e-mail and phone
- Communicate with participants using e-mail, send out information, answer questions, send thank you cards
- Provide a written report to the executive director at close of program
Friendly. Attention to details. Ability to communicate well with others. Able to problem solve/creative and flexible.
- Ability to work well with team leaders, willingness to lead, take charge and offer opinions and direction in a positive manner
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work with attention to detail
- Experience in the nonprofit sector preferred but not required
5 hours a week
Cards for Troops Volunteer Opportunity
"When I opened your envelope today and read your letter and the 3 others you have sent me, I was profoundly moved. Through the years since I returned home, I have had people, from time to time, thank me for my service. But this is the first time I have received letters sent from the heart by people who have no idea who I am. Only the fact that I served. With each one I read, I could feel the emotions welling up inside and when I finished the last one, I was filled to bursting with pride, love for my country, and love for my people. Please accept my thanks for your thoughtfulness and caring. I never thought letters like this could have such an effect. You have given me a gift I will carry in my heart always. Sincerely, RM2 P.R. USCG" (Operation Gratitude, 2015).
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5 hours a week