We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Please find other opportunities.Find Opportunities
DONATE TO THIS
28 people are interested
Friendly Visitors Needed at ACC Senior Services!
ORGANIZATION: ACC Senior Services
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
28 people are interested
The Friendly Visitor Program provides respite support for caregiving families to maintain or improve their quality of life. The volunteers provide in-home respite for caregivers, enabling the caregiver to attend to essential activities that are vital to personal health and well-being. In addition, care recipients benefit from a variety of social enrichment activities provided by the volunteers.
What are my duties as a volunteer?
Provide and participate in respite activities with the care recipient. All activities are non-medical. Do not provide personal care (assistance with activities of daily living), transportation, or housekeeping; activities may include:
- Companionship and safety supervision.
- Short-distance walks or other non-medical exercises.
- Arts and crafts.
- Reading, or watching TV and movies together.
- Playing board games or card games.
What are skills that will help me be a successful Friendly Visitor volunteer?
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be interested in creating meaningful relationships with seniors.
What type of volunteers join this program?
The Friendly Visitor Program welcomes volunteers of all walks of life, including but not limited to retirees, college students, current ACC volunteers, new residents of Sacramento, family caregivers, and more!
Requirements to Volunteer with the Friendly Visitor Program
- All volunteers are required to complete an initial phone screening with our Volunteer Coordinator.
- Volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 .
- Volunteers in this position are required to complete an online background check through Backgrounds Online.
- ACC pays for all volunteer background checks.
- No volunteer is denied solely on the grounds of criminal conviction; but the date, nature, and relevance of the offense to the positions assigned may be considered.
- Volunteers are required to watch two (2) training videos ; about Elder Abuse Prevention and Mandated Reporting, and HIPAA Confidentiality. Total duration = approximately 45 minutes. (Links provided after initial phone screening).
- Volunteers are required to read and sign all waivers in our Volunteer Application Packet . (Provided after initial phone screening).
- Volunteers with the Friendly Visitor Program must have reliable transportation .
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About ACC Senior Services
7334 Park City Drive, Sacramento, CA 95831, US
Our mission is to promote the general welfare and enhance the quality of life for our community by identifying, developing, and providing culturally sensitive health and social services for older adults. Our vision is to create an array of services to help older adults sustain their independence and lifestyle.
ACC Senior Services (ACC) volunteers provide priceless dedication and support to our organization, and help us make a difference in the lives of seniors and family caregivers. As a volunteer you will have the opportunity to learn new skills, assist with program implementation, and of course - make new friends! The ACC Volunteer Program is made up of a diverse group of individuals such as students, working professionals, homemakers, retirees, and more. The key characteristics that bring our volunteers together within our organization are their friendliness and interest in helping others.
We understand that volunteers need flexibility, so our Volunteer Coordinator will work with you to find a position that best fits your availability, skills, and interests. We invite you to volunteer with us and become a part of our community! If you're interested in becoming an ACC volunteer, please visit the volunteer page on our website to fill out a Volunteer Interest Form.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator.
Multiple locations Sacramento, CA 95831
June 29, 2022
- Elder care
- Veteran Care
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- HS diploma, US citizen or permanent resident, pass background check, have reliable transportation, completed COVID-19 vaccinations.