Our History Corps Saturday morning program locations for 2017:
Saturdays June 3, July 8, August 5, September 9, October 7, November 4 and December 2
Please note we will be at different locations this year:
June 3, July 8, August 5, September 9 and November 4 the location is the Upper Bushman Manor House at Independence Oaks - 10275 Sashabaw Road, Clarkston, MI 48348
October 7 and December 2 the location is the Buhl Estate at Addison Oaks - 1480 W Romeo Road, Leonard, MI 48367.
Time: 8:30a.m. - 12:30p.m.
Volunteers needed: 8
Assist with asset inventory, asset restoration, artifact preparation, and the library.
Uniform: work clothes
Registration is required in advance for this program. Please email email@example.com or phone 248-975-9717 to register.
History Corps Volunteers are sought to work in the History Center to complete the following activities:
- Asset Inventory- Volunteers will wash, photograph, and apply a museum tag and identification number to historic park assets. General descriptions of the asset and its condition will also be entered into a computer log for inventory and tracking purposes.
- Asset Restoration - Volunteers will follow museum practices to stabilize and in some cases repair and restore historic assets for display, interpretation, or adaptive reuse within the park system.
- Library management - Volunteers will catalog the collection of books that will be used in the research, documentation, and interpretation of park historic assets.
- Artifact preparation - Volunteers will clean, sort, and attempt to reassemble artifacts removed from archeological digs on park sites or relating to park historic assets.
If you are a new volunteer please complete our volunteer application on the website at https://www.oakgov.com/parks/getinvolved/Pages/Volunteer.aspx
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- 4 hour shift, once per month
- Registration is required in advance for this program.
- Lyon Oaks Tee Service Volunteers
- Dog Park Ambassador – Orion Oaks
- Awesome Autumn Dance - Adaptive...
- Dog Park Ambassador - Red Oaks
- Red Oaks Golf Cart Volunteers
- Novi Hoedown - Adaptive Dance
- Jingle Bell Ball - Adaptive Dance
- Almost New Year's South -...
- Trick or Trees at Red Oaks...
- Almost New Year's North -...
- Trail Ambassador - Orion Oaks
- Trick or Treat at the Oakland...
- Dog Park Ambassador - Lyon Oaks
- Halloween Happiness - Adaptive...
- Holiday Market at Oakland County...
- Springfield Oaks Golf Volunteers
- History Corps Saturday Morning...
- Glen Oaks Golf Cart Volunteers